Heads up: This page includes affiliate links. If you make a purchase using the links below, we may receive a small commission at zero cost to you. We only recommend tools that we’ve personally vetted and love.
You’re all about building relationships as an advisor, right? Then why does your copy still come across as “salesy”? Rather than writing to convert, why not write to connect?
In this episode, Matt Halloran talks to Derek Pollard, PhD, a leading content specialist and copywriter and the founder of Constellar Creative. Derek invites us to challenge the conventional wisdom of copywriting—writing to sell—explaining why the highest converting copy doesn’t focus on selling but on building relationships. Because when you focus on connecting, the conversions are going to happen.
- Why standing the conventional wisdom about copywriting on its head is the best way to serve your clients and grow your business
- How you can write to create buy-in, not just a buy
- Why it’s important to remember that people want to connect with people being people
- How to become an active reader in order to write more relatably
- And more
- PodRocket Academy (Join for free!)
- Visit Restream to claim your exclusive offer!
- Top Advisor Marketing Podcast: Are You Listening? Writing So Your Audience Can Hear You With Derek Pollard (Ep. 330)
- “Reparations Now!” by Ashley M. Jones
- “On the Verge of Something Bright and Good” by Derek Pollard
Connect With Derek Pollard:
Connect With ProudMouth:
- Do you want to podcast? Book a call with Matt Halloran to get started!
- LinkedIn: Matt Halloran
- Twitter: Matt Halloran
- LinkedIn: ProudMouth
- Facebook: ProudMouth
- Twitter: ProudMouth
- YouTube: ProudMouth
About Our Guest:
A passionate educator, Derek Pollard teaches online English courses at Southern New Hampshire University, consistently named one of the nation’s “Best Regional Universities” by U.S. News & World Report. As Series Editor at the University of Michigan Press, Derek acquires new titles and develops marketing content. He is also the founder of Constellar Creative, a creative agency whose clients include Intermountain Healthcare, Jubilant Consulting, and ProudMouth. He is a prior member of the Creative Professionals Board at Urban Arts Partnership.