Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Are you an advisor who's nervous about picking a niche -- even though you know you should?
Our free course, Creating Your Ideal Client Profile, makes it easy to take the first big step. Get ready to see your ideal client with unbelievable clarity, so you can start attracting them, now!
Heads up: This page includes affiliate links. If you make a purchase using the links below, we may receive a small commission at zero cost to you. We only recommend tools that we’ve personally vetted and love.
Advisors often hesitate to niche out because they’re worried about whittling down their number of prospects. Or worse, picking a niche that doesn’t work out.
Maybe you know that niching is a game changer. But you’re worried, too. How do you get to a place where you can confidently know “these are my people” and attract the right prospects?
In this episode, Matt Halloran talks to Jen Dawson, CFP®, managing director and senior wealth advisor of Hemington Wealth Management. Jen shares why she dared to build a hyper-focused niche practice, serving women lawyers. The benefits of niching down, what she’d do differently, how to create marketing messages that resonate — she covers it all.
- Why having a niche makes business development and prospecting easier
- How she got to a place within the first year of niching where she knew “These are my people”
- What didn’t work (and how to avoid the same mistakes when niching)
- What it’s honestly like to serve lawyers (and why they’re the right fit for her)
- The two biggest ways she’s been getting referrals lately
- And more
- PodRocket Academy (Join for free!)
- Visit Restream to claim your exclusive offer!
- Crazy Good Talks®
- “Herding Cats: The Lawyer Personality Revealed” by Dr. Larry Richard
- “Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End” by Atul Gawande
Connect With Jen Dawson:
- Hemington Wealth Management
- LinkedIn: Jen Dawson
Connect With ProudMouth:
- Do you want to podcast? Book a call with Matt Halloran to get started!
- LinkedIn: Matt Halloran
- Twitter: Matt Halloran
- LinkedIn: ProudMouth
- Facebook: ProudMouth
- Twitter: ProudMouth
- YouTube: ProudMouth
About Our Guest:
Jen Dawson, CFP®, is a Managing Director and Senior Wealth Advisor of Hemington Wealth Management. In addition to her primary role as a wealth advisor for her clients, Jen is a part of Hemington’s leadership team and is responsible for Hemington’s expansion in Chicago. With over 15 years of experience with helping clients have a great relationship with their money, Jen has spent the past six years building a practice where she spends most of her time helping lawyers turn their professional success into financial freedom. She recently co-authored Hemington’s latest study about Women of Wealth: “What Do Breadwinner Women Lawyers Want?” to help raise the bar for supporting women lawyers.