Lights, camera, action!
Don’t let that phrase send a chill down your spine. Video is having a moment, and you can’t afford to ignore it.
In this episode, Matt Halloran is joined by Akeiva Ellis — financial educator, money coach, and co-founder of The Bemused, which has helped tens of thousands of young adults improve their finances through YouTube video content, online education, and coaching programs. Drawing from her own experience, she shares how you can start creating video content now to build trust with clients and prospects, even if you don’t feel camera-ready.
Matt and Akeiva discuss:
- How anyone can learn the necessary skills and get comfortable in front of the camera
- Why the right mindset is crucial before hitting ‘record’
- How a minimal and inexpensive setup can still look and sound great
- The different use cases and versatility of video
- The appeal of visual content for everyone from Boomers to Gen Z
- What to focus on – and the metrics to track – instead of traditional dollars and cents ROI
- Why intention is important for your calls-to-action
- And more
“I think every advisor should really be getting comfortable with video, because it really allows for people to see you and your personality and what makes you unique.” ~Akeiva Ellis
- PodRocket Influence Academy (Enroll for FREE)
- How much influence do you have? Take our free 5-min test
- Product: Little Prompter
- Product: Canon EOS M50
- Product: Final Cut Pro
- Service: Loom
- Service: BombBomb
- Top Advisor Marketing Podcast: An Advisor’s Blueprint for Overcoming Content Creation Challenges With Stoy Hall (Ep. 439)
- Program: Money 180
Connect with Akeiva Ellis:
- LinkedIn: Akeiva Ellis
- Email: email@example.com
- YouTube Channel: The Bemused
- Website: The Bemused
Connect with ProudMouth:
- Thinking about starting a podcast? Book a call with our Influence Liberator to learn about our done-with-you service
- LinkedIn: Matt Halloran
- Twitter: Matt Halloran
- LinkedIn: ProudMouth
- Facebook: ProudMouth
- Twitter: ProudMouth
- YouTube: ProudMouth
About Akeiva Ellis:
Akeiva M. Ellis, MSFP, CPA/PFS, CFP®, ChSNC® is a financial coach and educator for Millennials & Gen Z. Akeiva is a CFP Board Ambassador whose financial expertise has appeared quoted in numerous media outlets, including Refinery 29, NPR, Financial Planning, Business Insider, RIA Intel, the New York Times, and CNBC. She is a former financial planner serving the nation’s wealthiest clients and has been a featured guest on a nationally-syndicated television show and numerous podcasts. In 2023, Akeiva was honored by the American College of Financial Services with a Next Gen Award. In 2022, she received a Standing Ovation Award in Personal Financial Planning from the AICPA. In 2021, she was also recognized by Financial Planning magazine as an industry Rising Star, a Luminary in Diversity & Inclusion by ThinkAdvisor, and she was named to Investment News’ class of 40 under 40 – the youngest person to grace thislist in its 8-year history.
As the co-founder of The Bemused (with her husband), she has helped tens of thousands of young adults improve their finances through YouTube video content and online education and coaching programs. A proud daughter of Caribbean immigrants, Akeiva was born and raised in NYC and currently lives in New England with her husband.