What’s your strong suit?
As a financial advisor, you’re juggling more hats than a circus performer – marketing, client relationships, and, of course, your core expertise. But here’s the catch: if you’re trying to handle branding all by yourself, you might be missing out on a difference-maker.
Why blend in when you could stand out?
In this episode, our own Matt Halloran is joined by Kelly Waltrich – co-founder and CEO of Intention.ly – to unravel the essential role branding plays in the financial services world. Tune in and discover how teamwork, learning, and masterful branding done right can transform your advisory game.
Matt and Kelly discuss:
- How great advisors are not necessarily great marketers, and why you need to find someone who is an expert
- The importance of pushing your colleagues – and they, you – to constantly learn new things
- Why integration in marketing trumps budget or size of firm
- How coordinated activity is better than massive but disconnected amounts, and the value of asking yourself, “what is helping me get to my goals and the goals of my clients, and what is just noise?”
- Why branding needs to resonate internally before you share it externally
- Intention.ly’s new Advisor Brand Builder tool, and how firms are using it for recruiting and onboarding, amongst other things
- How to ask the right – aka second and third-level – questions when developing your own brand
- And more
“And we all do that for each other, which is something I think all businesses should do. Make sure that you’re constantly forcing each other to learn new things.” ~Kelly Waltrich
- PodRocket Influence Academy (Enroll for FREE)
- How much influence do you have? Take our free 5-min test
- Website: Advisor Brand Builder
- Service: Triton Digital
- Website: Gartner
- Website: SEMrush
- Website: Shaping Wealth
- Service: Outsourced Chief Behavioral Officer (OCBO)
- Conference: BeFI Summit
Connect with Kelly Waltrich:
Connect with ProudMouth:
- Do you want to podcast? Book a call with our Influence Engineers to get started!
- LinkedIn: Matt Halloran
- Twitter: Matt Halloran
- LinkedIn: ProudMouth
- Facebook: ProudMouth
- Twitter: ProudMouth
- YouTube: ProudMouth
About Kelly Waltrich:
For over 15 years, Intention.ly Co-founder Kelly Waltrich has been championing the role of marketing in the financial services industry. As former Chief Marketing Officer at eMoney Advisor and Orion Advisor Solutions, she proved time and again that there is no better driver of an organization’s growth and overall success than a well-run marketing and communications team. At eMoney and Orion, Waltrich built powerhouse marketing teams from the ground up, developing the engines that would fuel the highest periods of growth for both companies.
She designed the strategy behind several successful rebrands, acquisitions, and product launches—including spearheading the development of two advisor marketing products—while creating unmatched overall brand visibility and helping to turn company executives into industry thought leaders. Through forward-thinking demand generation, PR, and product marketing, Waltrich created a consistent inbound pipeline for both firms, driving CAC down and SOV up.
Intention.ly is the culmination of every lesson Waltrich has learned thus far in her tenure as a marketing disruptor, born from her passion and persistent belief that when it’s done right, marketing is the accelerant financial services firms need to transform their growth trajectory.