Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Heads up: This page includes affiliate links. If you make a purchase using the links below, we may receive a small commission at zero cost to you. We only recommend tools that we’ve personally vetted and love.
The financial services industry has a major diversity issue. While it’s gradually becoming more inclusive, it still has a long way to go before we can truly call it a safe space for every individual.
This episode is an effort to help us get there faster.
In this episode, Matt Halloran talks to Dana L. Wilson, CEO and founder of CHIP Professionals (Changing How Individuals Prosper) and host of The Included Series Podcast. Dana discusses the systemic racism in the financial services industry and explains how people of color can boost their visibility and thrive as both financial services professionals and consumers.
- What steps the financial service industry must take to eliminate systemic racism
- Reasons to focus on retention (instead of hiring) to create an inclusive workplace
- Tips to help you better understand clients’ unique needs based on their diverse backgrounds
- How FinTech is leading the way for people of color to build wealth
- And more
A big thank you to our sponsor, Restream! Visit Restream to claim your exclusive offer: https://proudmouth.com/restream/
- Influence Accelerator Academy (Join for free!)
- Webinar Replay: Women Making Their Voices Heard in the Marketplace: Get instant access by joining our Apprentice level for free
- The Included Series Podcast
Connect With Dana Wilson:
- CHIP Professionals
- LinkedIn: Dana Wilson
- Twitter: Dana Wilson
- Instagram: Dana Wilson
- LinkedIn: CHIP Professionals
- Facebook: CHIP Professionals
- Twitter: CHIP Professionals
- Instagram: CHIP Professionals
Connect With ProudMouth:
- LinkedIn: Matt Halloran
- Twitter: Matt Halloran
- LinkedIn: ProudMouth
- Facebook: ProudMouth
- Twitter: ProudMouth
- YouTube: ProudMouth
About Our Guest:
Dana L. Wilson is an experienced financial professional with 15+ years in the financial services industry. Dana is the Founder & CEO of CHIP (Changing How Individuals Prosper), a B2B financial services marketplace that makes it easy to find Black and Latinx financial professionals. Before starting CHIP, Dana worked as an Investment Advisor at large and independent firms. She is currently an Executive MBA candidate at Penn State University, Smeal School of Business, studying Strategic Leadership with a concentration in Corporate Innovation.