If you’re considering breaking free and going the independent route, this episode is a can’t-miss.
Matt Halloran talks to Chuck Failla, the Founder and CEO of Sovereign Financial Group, about the world of independent financial advising. Discover the power of independence in serving clients without constraints, explore his unique cooperative-like structure supporting advisors, and learn how good old-fashioned mailers are driving growth.
Matt and Chuck discuss:
- The ways in which Sovereign Financial Group is more like a cooperative than a traditional broker-dealer
- How to incentivize your compliance team to say ‘yes’
- Why targeting 401(k)s that “suck” can be a powerful marketing technique
- The story behind the creation of goRIA, and the role of educational marketing
- The three core businesses that will allow Sovereign to scale without having to take on more than their cap of 40 advisors
- And more
- PodRocket Influence Academy (Enroll for FREE)
- How much influence do you have? Take our free 5-min test
- Top Advisor Marketing Podcast: The Expert Guide to Breaking Up with Your Broker-Dealer with Alanah Phillips (Ep. 446)
- Website: Argus Media
- Website: Efficient Market Hypothesis
- Website: Newport Group
- Website: goRIA
- Website: Nitrogen Wealth (formerly Riskalyze)
- Service: eMoney
- Service: RightCapital
- Service: NaviPlan
- Service: MoneyGuidePro
Connect with Chuck Failla:
- LinkedIn: Chuck Failla
- Website: Sovereign Financial Group
- Facebook: Sovereign Financial Group
- Twitter: Sovereign Financial Group
Connect with ProudMouth:
- Thinking about starting a podcast? Book a call with our Influence Engineers to learn more!
- LinkedIn: Matt Halloran
- Twitter: Matt Halloran
- LinkedIn: ProudMouth
- Facebook: ProudMouth
- Twitter: ProudMouth
- YouTube: ProudMouth
About Chuck Failla:
Chuck has been a financial advisor for more than 25 years. He started in the early 90s as a “cold calling cowboy” in NYC selling individual stocks. As he built his book, he always planned to go independent and did so in 1999 by opening an independent branch of Raymond James Financial. At that time, Chuck earned his CFP® designation and transitioned from individual stock picking to financial planning and asset allocation using mutual funds and SMAs. Chuck’s practice evolved into what is today Sovereign Financial Group, Inc., an SEC registered RIA. With offices and advisors in the Northeast, Florida, and Colorado, Sovereign is one of the fastest growing RIAs in the country. Chuck is also the Director of Sovereign Advisor Solutions (SAS)– a division of Sovereign Financial Group, Inc. SAS helps advisors transition to RIA by offering a comprehensive plug and play solution for going independent. Chuck’s ties to the financial planning community run deep. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for the FPA of Connecticut and Chairs their Pro Bono / Public Outreach Committee.
Chuck received his degree in Finance from The University of Connecticut and completed his coursework for the CFP® certification with The American College. He resides in Connecticut with his wife, two children, black lab and cats. In his spare time, he enjoys all things travel & outdoors — on the weekends you will find him with his family hiking, camping, skiing, boating or just enjoying some grilling in the backyard.