Creating accessible content is the right thing to do. Because you care about your audience and their experience with your brand.
In this episode, Matt Halloran talks to Alexa Heinrich, a digital accessibility expert. Alexa unpacks simple fixes you can implement right away to make your social media more accessible. She also discusses inaccessible practices (that people go out of their way to do) that everyone needs to kick to the curb.
You will learn:
- The crucial first step to making your content more accessible
- What alt text is all about –– and why you should add it to every image and video
- Reasons to stop using ASCII Art and special Unicode characters in your social media posts
- How accessibility can help you from a market-reach standpoint
- Examples of companies that execute accessibility unbelievably well
- And more
Press play to learn how to make your social media content accessible!
Resources: ProudMouth | Matt Halloran on LinkedIn | Influence Accelerator Academy | Alexa Heinrich | Alexa Heinrich on LinkedIn | Social Media Accessibility Checklist | World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) | The Wheel of Time on Twitter